I don't know if they use this phrase in the States or not, but when you run a long way and you get cramps in your sides we call it a "Stitch" in the UK.
Well, I definitely have a Stitch from stitching too much the past couple of days. My friend, Deb, and I have been going crazy trying to get a quilt finished for "someone" (who may or may not read this blog occasionally) who is going to be having a job change (possibly voluntary) and we have been working on a special quilt for them.
Unfortunately I can't explain in any further detail for letting the "bird" out of the bag (yes, there are lots of hints to this project). But we have worked our littley hiney's off trying to get it finished. As of 4:55pm today the quilt top is complete and now it just needs quilting and binding. I'm tuckered out. I definitely have a Stitch!
I promise that I will have pictures to show once the secret project is revealed; but if you know me well, you know that I'm hopeless on not giving gifts as soon as I can, so will more than likely spill before June 9th when we are revealing the surprise.
What is one of the best surprise gifts you've ever been given?
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Stitch
Posted by knittinbrit_in_wi at 10:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hmmmmm, trying to figure out who the quilt is for...
I am excited to see your surprise. And I really want to know what birds have to do with it...
Post a Comment