Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Ticks

Upon walking in the door this evening, Caleb and Declan informed me that Winston had a tick. I had to take a moment and collect myself. I hate ticks.

They then showed me exactly where the engorged tick was on Winston's neck. I almost threw up, felt woozy and left the room. I hate ticks!

Caleb and Declan then researched how to remove the tick and gathered the supplies - surgical gloves, tweezers, rubbing alcohol, sealing container - and performed THE procedure. I hid upstairs. Did I mention, I hate Ticks?!

Once the procedure was complete they came to report to me that it had gone well and that they had checked the dog and made sure he was now tick free. They felt the need to show me the tick floating in alcohol in a sealed container. I almost it that time, for sure. Really, I hate ticks!

I was proud of Caleb and Declan for working so well together. I heard Caleb thanking Declan for helping with the procedure. They said they felt like "House". It's moments like that that show you how they can work well together, in moments of crisis. It's moments like that that make me feel like we've done pretty well with these kids. It's moments like these that make me think that I need to live somewhere where there are no ticks!

Heavenly Father, I know you had a plan, but Ticks???? What were you thinking?! I'd have you explain it to me, but I'm afraid I'd probably get nauseous again.

I hate ticks!

1 comments:

The Scott Family said...

So......YOU HATE TICKS?? Yeah, I am with you on that!! Really, what purpose do they serve Heavenly Father?? Those and flipping wasps?? XX

BTW, I have finally updated my blog....I still have a few more posts to go on, but there are 4 new ones on there now, you will be pleased to know! Love ya X