Before the Cute Guy and I head out of town for the weekend early tomorrow morning (18 years of wonderful marriage), I had to take Caleb to the mall to get some new jeans and a new suit (Solo Ensemble is this weekend and his choir likes them to dress nice - his was getting a little on the snug side). After getting the rest of his shopping done, we headed to get his new suit. I was sure that he'd be able to get one in the young men's section. He tried a 14, then a 16, then 18, then 20 - the max size in young men's. As I stood there looking at the little toddler and little boy tee shirts and realizing that I had to head to the Men's Suit Department to find something to fit him, I burst into tears. He's not a little boy anymore.
Then as he found a suit (and not the smallest men's suit either) that fit perfectly and didn't need any tailoring, I started to cry again at how he really looked like a (dare I say it) "Man" now. The sales clerk stared at me and my son showed how special he really was. He didn't try to hide from me or shush me, as most teenagers would, or die from embarrassment. He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me and told me "It's okay. I'm still your little boy." So I cried some more. I'm still your little
The added bonus was the sales clerk must of thought I was out of my mind and decided to give me all kind of extra deals that weren't supposed to be available until Saturday and then gave me an extra 25% off everything - just because! Possibly just because she thought I was a lunatic!
But having a special son who loves his mum unconditionally and isn't embarrassed by her sobs - Priceless!
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Posted by knittinbrit_in_wi at 9:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This story is SOOOO sweet. I hate that kids have to grow up SO FAST! What a sweetie you have!! Thanks for sharing your priceless moment...now off for the weekend: HAVE FUN!! :)
Awwwww!! What a great story...and what a great young man you have there! I too hate the fact that kids have to grow up! I just want to freeze them at the age they are...Hope you had a great weekend, and happy anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! How exciting Chicago!! So fun. Caleb looked awesome in his suit yesterday. Man what a GREAT kid. I just love that story. I still can't believe I have an 8 yr old. Crazy how fast these tykes grow up.~Charity
Post a Comment