The weather has been a little on the chilly side in the Northwoods today. I'm not sure if it ever broke 0F (for you limey's that's -17C). Wind chills this morning when I took the kids to school were around negative -29F (-33C). Right now, it's negative 6, but the windchill has warmed up to negative 24F (-31C). On Saturday night, it was a lot warmer at 36F (2C) so Steve and I didn't even think to wear our coats when we went out for his holiday party and were plenty warm.
Steve, and my friend Deb - the Pavement Princess, think I'm a little crazy, because I love this weather. The sky was clear today, the sun was shining and it was nice and crisp. Admittedly it kind of hurts to take a deep breath, but it was beautiful. I love winter and have been begging Steve to buy a place up north in the Upper Peninsula, where they really get some cold and snow, but he just suggest that I see a Psychologist and get some pills. How rude!
I was talking to my dad this morning and he informed me that it was very cold in Torquay (uk) today. 5C (that's 41F). I mentioned this to the kids and they informed me that it was obviously hot in the English Riviera and that they didn't think they needed to pack their coats. I tried to explain to them about the damp cold, but when you walk out the door and the inside of your nose freezes and yet they still want to play outside in the snow, its hard to argue with them with what cold "is".
I think I'll just pack the coats anyway. At leats they'll keep the rain off them.
Monday, December 15, 2008
The Weather Outside is Frightful (or is it Delightful?!)
Posted by knittinbrit_in_wi at 8:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment