Monday, December 22, 2008

December in Pictures

The quilt I have been making for Caleb.
EB at his first preschool Christmas Program. Who waved at his mum the entire 20 minutes. It's great being Ethan's best friend!
Declan's first basketball game. Declan plays guard usually.
Ethan tries on his dad's new boots he requested for Christmas that go to -148 F. Yes, that's correct - negative 148F - what on earth he'd be doing out in that kind of weather I don't know, but EB thought he should model them for us and give us his best gangster pose.
Our little ballerina Angel at her Nutcracket Ballet performance.
Caleb performed with the orchestra at his school concert.
Caleb performing with the Pop/Jazz Choir at the school concert. They performed a few songs, but this one is my favorite. It is their "signature" song - St. Elmo's Fire theme song - with great dance moves. Apparently some DeMille boys actually can dance.
EB at his first eye appointment with the wonderful Dr. Parmley. He didn't seem to mind at all getting his eyes dilated. As usual, he flirted terribly with all the ladies in the office. He's such a player.
Declan at his district wrestling tournament, pinning a kid. He is a scrappy and wily little wrestler.
Caleb performing at Sing Wisconsin in Appleton.
Maddie on her way to the Beauty College in a limo for her friends birthday. Man, these kids really know how to live in style. When I was a kid birthday parties usually involved Pass the Parcel and some Jelly in a shape of a bunny.

Other events that have been going on without pictures taken:
1. Declan having allergy testing done on his back with HUGE reactions - poor kid.
2. Ethan having an appointment at the ENT to discover his tonsils need to come out - surgery is scheduled for January 19. Would love anyone to come and help me out that week, the guest room is yours - we'll beg if we have to.
3. Steve's holiday work party at WISH Steakhouse, followed by dancing and riding the mechanical bull at Bullshooters. No, Steve and I did not ride the bull. I knew I'd be tempted to, but Steve had told me about a patient who had tore their rotator cuff riding the bull, so I wore a skirt to prevent me from getting carried away. No injuries allowed for England.
4. Madison had terrible pinkeye in either eye. Did no one hear me? I said no injuries or illnesses for our trip to England.
5. Ethan with double ear infections. Hello??!!!! Did I stutter - no sickies on this trip.
6. Caleb was the Student Director for his school play.
7. Kim teaching knitting classes at the local yarn store.
8. Madison's half birthday celebration at school. Ethan is the only child in our family who will actually have his birthday while school is in attendance. Interesting to note that all but Ethan were delivered while Steve was in school and couldn't take time off until school breaks for me to have a baby. Although none of them were planned that way (in fact, some were trying to be prevented at the time) all of them (with the exception of EB) arrived at just the right time for the Cute Guy to be there when they were born. In case you need a reminder, Heavenly Father answers prayers.
9. Kim is now sick with bad cough and Kermit the Frog voice. Apparently I need to listen to my own warnings about now getting sick.

2 comments:

Sue said...

So as usual, I see you've just sat around on your duff all month. Jeez, good thing you are going on vacation.

I'm really gonna miss ya. Please travel safe and most importantly...have an awesome time!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
Gaylynn Stroupe here. I hope it's OK that I'm reading your blog, as you sent the link to Rob. Anyway, you have a lovely family and looks like you lead a full, exciting life. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and visit with your parents. Take Care!