Thursday, September 4, 2008

School's Back In Session

Caleb's first day of school. He missed his school bus due to First Student (bus co.) being a bunch of dork's. Don't worry, I'm not saying anything behind their back, I made sure to tell them it to their face. Pickup scheduled for 7:09am. Suggested early arrival time for student: 7:05am. Caleb's arrival at bus stop 6:59am (yes, for those who can count, that's 10 minutes early). Actual pickup time 6:55am. Suggestion of customer service rep at First Student when I called to discuss the situation with them: go 20 minutes early at least to stop 6:49am. (even though we are in a state of winter for most of the year in the Northwoods with temps around negative 20). My suggestion to Customer Service Representative at First Student: ..........note to self:make appointment with bishop on Sunday to repent.

He quite happily had his mum drive him to school in the new Hummer , so all was good.
Little Princess and Dex' pickup went very smoothly. We went outside at least fifteen minutes early and played catch while we waited for the bus.
They were even in such a good mood about school starting, that they hugged. I know, they actually touched each other and no one winced, screamed, cried or retaliated. Look how they're learning from attending school already.
This is the picture where mum starts crying - which is strange seeing as he was convinced she'd be dancing naked around her house at this point, doing the happy dance and singing at the top of her lungs "School's back in session!!!!!"

Instead she moped around for a minute or two and then happily played Mario Kart on the Wii with EB when asked. Thank heavens for her best friend, the EBster.

2 comments:

Sue said...

What are we going to do when EBers and Deefers go to Kindergarten? Thank goodness I have a friend like you who loves napping and shopping as much as I do.

Charity said...

Man this summer went by way too fast. Your kiddos are sooo cute.