Steve and I have found a hobby that we equally enjoy.
Cyberstalking!

Mainly cyberstalking Caleb while he's been on his 8th grade field trip to Washington DC, Virginia, and New York City.

Mainly cyberstalking Caleb while he's been on his 8th grade field trip to Washington DC, Virginia, and New York City.
Before this trip, my usual paranoia had kicked in full force, possibly due to my watching the movie Taken too many times. So, at the last minute I decided to add the Sprint Family Locator plan, so that Steve and I could locate wherever Caleb was in the world. We've had so much stinking fun with this. I've enjoyed freaking him out by texting him and asking what he's ordering at McDonalds when they've stopped for food or asking him how the Holocaust Museum was while he was there. Hey, I get my kicks where I can get them.

Steve will use the mobile app for this and enjoyed seeing where Caleb was throughout the trip. For example, today he found him when he was at Ground Zero.

It has been such an awesome tool. We can look at his location as either a map shot, aerial shot or birds eye view, where we can zoom in and circle the building. It's so cool!
This has been an amazing trip for Caleb and we are so pleased that he was able to go and see these wonderful sites. It has been a whirlwind trip but he's young - he can handle it.
During this trip he has seen the following sites:
Mount Vernon - George Washington's mansion and tomb on the banks of the scenic Potomac River
Holocaust Museum
Smithsonian Museums (including his choices of 16 museums and galleries)
National Archives
Vietnam Memorial
Lincoln Memorial
Korean Memorial
White House Photo Shop
Library of Congress
United States Supreme Court
United States Capitol
Iwo Jima Memorial
Arlington National Cemetery (Caleb was honored to be selected with three other students to participate in a Wreath Laying Ceremony at Arlington)
Washington Monument
World War II Memorial
Jefferson Memorial
FDR Memorial
Gettysburg
Statue of Liberty
Ellis Island
Madison Square Garden
Times Square
Top of the Rock (70th floor viewing at the Rockefeller Center)
Fifth Avenue
Central Park
Tribute World Trade Center Visitor Center
Ground Zero
Wall Street
Broadway - watch the Broadway hit "Wicked"
Now, he's on his way home to us and they will drive through the night and tomorrow, and hopefully they will be home for supper.
We'll be cyberstalking him all the way home. We miss this special boy. Anyone who knows Caleb knows that I'm not being biased when I say that he's a very special young man. Sadly, we'll only have him home for the evening as the next morning we leave to take him Up North for a Scout High Adventure Kayaking trip where he will be kayaking the lakes and rivers in the Northwoods until Saturday. He'll only be home for a few days before leaving for Youth Conference.
If this is to prepare me for four years time when he graduates High School - I'm not ruddy happy about it! I'm tempted to try and bribe his teachers to hold him back a year or two. I might have some luck there, they're as sad for him to leave Middle School too.
One can only hope!
2 comments:
What an awesome opportunity for him to visit all those amazing places!
hahaha you are such a dork, but I love that you are stalking your own child. That will come in handy if he ever turns in to Zach and just leaves the house
Post a Comment